Operating Partners’ Forum Recap | September 2022
September 19, 2022
By: Delaney Walker
Every quarter we gather Operating Executives in PE to discuss current industry topics and to offer peers the chance to gather, share information, and decompress with one another. In our most recent event, we gathered to discuss challenges and opportunities in the face of a recession.
These forums are for PE Operating Executives only and follow Chatham House Rules, so listed below are high-level takeaways only. If you are an operating executive in private equity and interested in joining fellow Operating Executives during our next Operating Partners’ Forum, RSVP here.
Acceleration is crucial during the current state of the economy:
- Senses are heightened as a result of the current business world dynamics and past markets.
- A number of the activities that would traditionally start during the post-investment closing period, now initiate before an investment is closed. For example, human capital searches are being brought into diligence and board of advisors are being formed pre-close.
- PE firms are quickly looking to build strong platforms where they can do complimentary add-on acquisitions at lower valuations. BluWave has seen this ring true through the increased need for buyside M&A advisors and merger integration advisors.
Agility & data analytics:
- An increasing focus on data and analytics allows PE firms to be extremely agile and change with the times.
- A big piece of ensuring agility is a result of implementing data & analytics is making sure that the data is placed in the right hands, one of which is portco CFOs.
- Many PE firms are still at the early stages of deploying advanced analytics and are looking to first build proof points at a smaller number of portcos. BluWave is therefore receiving growing demand for 3rd party data analytics advisors that can help expertly and effectively build out these early efforts.
We thoroughly enjoyed getting to gather with PE Operating Executives to discuss these current topics. We’d be happy to connect you to the PE-grade, exact-fit, third-party resources you need to assist you in this pressurized market, just contact us here.
Learn more about how we can specifically help Op Execs here.