BluWave is looking for a Senior Content Marketing Manager who will join the growing marketing team, reporting directly to the Marketing Director. In this role, you will be sharing our narrative with our target audiences and developing compelling, brand-building, and pipeline generating stories from ideation to execution.
The candidate must be a master at crafting relevant, powerful, and thought-provoking content and stories that engage audiences and are scalable across multiple channels. Previous experience researching, writing, and editing original contributed articles, white papers, customer case studies, presentations, and other content for highly sophisticated B2B audiences is imperative.
You will bring a critical eye to insist on the highest standards for all outbound communications. As a strong collaborator, you will always advocate on behalf of our customers, yet you are able to disagree and commit when needed. You show a serious obsession for customers and work backward to understand their needs, and you deliver results. You’re able to own content projects from start to finish, understanding trade-offs while mitigating risks and measuring impact.
The work you’ll produce will directly impact the growth of our business and be a core function in our go-to-market strategy. BluWave has experienced tremendous growth since its founding and this role will be pivotal in helping us achieve our goals as we continue to scale the business.
Please include a resume and cover letter in your application.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Develop a scalable process to engage internal and external subject matter experts to create long-form and short-form assets, including written, video, and visual content like case studies, interactive websites, infographics, guides, contributed articles, and proprietary data-driven industry reports that inspire audiences to move throughout the buyer’s journey to support pipeline generation goals and build brand awareness
- Develop a strategic content and channel roadmap that delivers against industry themes, business needs that align to key content and product releases, as well as business and industry seasonality while identifying content gaps, and recognizing opportunities to expand our content library to meet business needs
- Position brand strengths and consumer insights into innovative and creative marketing content designed to engage target audiences and support strategic company growth objectives long term
- Work as part of the campaign ideation team (sales, account management, and marketing) to plug the right content assets into ABM, nurturing, and other outbound marketing campaigns to drive demand
- Architect buyer content journeys that deliver custom content by persona, vertical, use case, buying stage, etc. that our audiences actually want to consume while educating them with the goal of pushing them forward on the path to conversion (subscribers, downloads, projects, etc.)
- Optimize the company blog and website to increase search rankings, domain authority, visits, and conversions
- Develop buyer personas and build an intimate understanding of buyers’ wants, needs, drivers, and frustrations
- Stay up to date on the latest trends and insights in the industries we serve, acting as the go-to resource for strategic content creation
- Work with the rest of the marketing team to create social-first and social-only content to drive increased engagement in the feed
- Develop our editorial style guide and tone guidelines to ensure a cohesive brand voice, messaging, terminology, and style across all assets and platforms
- Generate favorable brand awareness and create client interest through differentiated brand messaging and storytelling across all channels and mediums
- Continuously monitor content performance through channel analytics to improve the content, from recommending new asset types to thoughtfully editing pieces from internal contributors and testing new approaches that resonate with our target audiences
- Managing external vendors to augment our content creation pipeline
- Work closely with our PR firm and other partners on awards, press releases, syndication, and more
Your key characteristics:
- You are a natural team player - you care about and assume positive intent from others; and behave authentically, honestly, and straightforwardly while bringing a sense of humor
- You are extremely self-motivated, well-organized, detail-oriented, and highly comfortable with multitasking while masterfully navigating ambiguity
- You can focus on the big picture while executing with a high level of detail with an understanding of context and what motivates our customers
- You exhibit high judgment in order to balance benefit/risk when exploring new opportunities
- You’re strategic, you understand how various content supports buyers throughout the buyer journey and how to create for multiple channels, audiences, and media
- You think distribution first and plan how you’re going to promote and distribute your content before you invest in production
- You are both practical and business-minded, smart and creative and excited about the rewards and volatility of a young, fast-growing company
- You are intellectually curious, actively seek stretch opportunities and feedback, and are comfortable with uncertainty and change
- You are gritty, courageous, and persistent to get the right things done in the face of adversity
- You are a champion of diversity and equal opportunity, respecting and showing a keen interest in divergent backgrounds, styles, and ideas
- You have 5-7 years of relevant, hands-on experience developing, writing, and editing robust marketing content, and thought leadership
- You have B2B tech company (or within a similar fast-paced industry) experience
- You have a bachelor’s degree in communication, marketing, writing, and/or journalism
- You have excellent research, analytical, and writing skills and can easily transform complex ideas and concepts into engaging, customer-obsessed, stories that align with our overall messaging
- You’re a strategic thinker and a phenomenal writer that has honed both short-form copywriting and long-form content creation
- You have a customer-centric mentality, with an innate ability to understand the customer’s needs and challenges and translate them into compelling content
- You have experience using data-driven insights as a differentiator in external marketing materials
- You have a portfolio demonstrating individual contributions to high-performing B2B content including blog posts, white papers, newsletters, etc.
- You are a voracious reader with an innate curiosity for new industry trends, topics, and ideas to engage customers
- You have superior project management skills and a deep understanding of how to manage the priorities of multiple stakeholders in a complex environment and focus on the delivery of results in the form of engagement, leads, and sales
- You are constantly in the pursuit of improvement and have successfully used data and metrics to measure impact and determine optimization opportunities
- You have demonstrated an ability to effectively manage freelancers including sourcing, negotiation, budget, project management, and invoicing
- We prefer that you live here in Nashville currently, but we're open to talking if you're fully committed to relocating here.
- We take the health of our employees seriously and require all staff to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 as a requirement for employment
The BluWave Values
We place great importance on adding team members that align with our company values. We live and breathe these every day, and we are looking for someone to join the team who appreciates the importance of company values and culture as much as we do.
- Team: We’re a “we” not “me” people
- Value: We bring value with value
- Grow: We are always growing our business and our selves
- Win: Winning for our clients
BluWave is a top tier destination for differentiated individuals to grow their long-term careers. We are building the best intelligent B2B marketplace in the world.
BluWave encourages anyone to apply to join our team. BluWave is an inclusive workplace that considers all applicants regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation or identification, background, disability or status.
Future Opportunities for Growth:
As BluWave grows, numerous opportunities for additional responsibilities and advancement will present themselves to talented, ambitious, team-oriented individuals who have proven themselves in this role.
Please include your resume and a message to let us know why you would be a good fit for this position.
BluWave, LP is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity.