BluWave is hiring a business development representative to support our rapid growth and development. If your career goals are focused on sales or account management, and you’re intelligent, competitive, and accomplished, you could be a terrific fit for the BluWave team.
The business development representative will work with BluWave’s Client Coverage leadership to help convert prospects into sales opportunities, manage the initial stages of the sales process, keep existing customers engaged and utilizing the BluWave marketplace, and be proactive to further build pipeline for the BluWave’s sales team.
This role entails working with technology to leverage our impact, learning our business approach inside and out, and is a step on the path to becoming a true account relationship manager – working daily with private equity and private client leadership to solve complex business problems.
- Work closely with the Client Coverage/Marketing teams to leverage the marketing automation and CRM platforms
- Generate new demand for Client Coverage to pursue
- Prospect and engage potential clients who express interest and desire in our offerings
- Interact with existing clients to encourage them to more actively utilize the BluWave solution
- Qualify marketing leads through initial discovery conversations with the aim to convert into opportunities.
- Discover, validate, and reach out to additional personas or members of a target group that may be involved in the decision and share this with Client Coverage
- Develop and implement targeted outreach campaigns to generate engagement with “high potential” prospects
- Drive attendance and conduct follow up for all events BluWave attends or sponsors (e.g. trade show) or produces (e.g. webinar, thought leadership event, co-mingling customer/prospect events).
- Comply with all demand management-related service-level agreements
- Provide accurate weekly forecasts to Client Coverage on the volume of qualified demand and progress towards the established performance metric
- Regularly report on quantity, velocity and conversion of marketing leads and sales opportunities
- 4-year undergraduate degree with a demonstrated track record of success
- No prior full-time experience is required, but a minimum of one year work experience in a sales, business development or account management capacity, ideally at a software or professional services company, is preferred
- We strongly prefer that you live in Nashville currently, but we're open to talking if you're committed to relocating here
- We take the health of our employees seriously and require all staff to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 as a requirement for employment
- Ability to perform account research and regular outreach in support of professional, high-touch prospecting and existing client reengagement in volume.
- Ability to develop a professional rapport with senior level business leaders and collaborate effectively with sales and marketing teams.
- Excellent oral and written communications, including the ability to effectively present information to top management and executives (internally and externally) as required.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to use existing and emerging social media tools (i.e. LinkedIn) to monitor targeted accounts and target groups and identify trigger events for follow-up
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and make decisions with minimal supervision.
- A strong appreciation for an in-person environment. One of the reasons BluWave has been so successful is its collaborative culture. We have found competitive advantages by working together in real life. At the same time, we appreciate the value of partially working from home. As such, BluWave works together in person Monday through Thursday along with virtual work on Fridays.
The BluWave Values
We place great importance on adding team members that align with our company values. We live and breathe these every day, and we are looking for someone to join the team who appreciates the importance of company values and culture as much as we do.
- Team: We’re a “we” not “me” people
- Value: We bring value with value
- Grow: We are always growing our business and our selves
- Win: Winning for our clients
BluWave is a top tier destination for differentiated individuals to grow their long-term careers. We are building the best intelligent B2B marketplace in the world.
BluWave encourages anyone to apply to join our team. BluWave is an inclusive workplace that considers all applicants regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation or identification, background, disability or status.
Future Opportunities for Growth:
As BluWave grows, numerous opportunities for additional responsibilities and advancement will present themselves to talented, ambitious, team-oriented individuals who have proven themselves in this role.
Please include your resume and a message to let us know why you would be a good fit for this position.
BluWave, LP is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity.
Job Type: Full-time, On-site Monday-Thursday/Remote Friday