Operating Partners’ Forum Recap | December 2022
December 20, 2022
By: Delaney Walker
Every quarter we gather operating executives in PE to discuss current industry topics and to offer peers the chance to gather, share information, and decompress with one another. In our most recent event, we gathered to discuss top lessons learned in 2022 and 2023 initiatives.
These forums are for operating executives at private equity firms only and follow Chatham House Rules, so listed below are high-level takeaways only. If you are an operating executive in private equity and interested in joining fellow operating executives during our next Operating Partners’ Forum, RSVP here.
Top Lessons Learned in 2022
- Even the most resilient supply chains struggled in 2022. We continue to be in a global supply chain crisis.
- Pricing strategy and related pricing strategy advisor usage was a major focus in 2022 to try and stay ahead of the inflation curve.
- Labor is still a big challenge and will continue to be. Turning to PE-grade recruiters as well as interim execs is a common solution.
- PE firms and Portcos are doubling down on IT, data & analytics strategies, and implementation processes to be more agile, informed, and automated.
- Debt has become less available and more expensive with rising interest rates, which will make it tougher to complete platform deals in 2023.
- Digitization efforts will accelerate in 2023.
- Having the right org structure in place is top-of-mind for 2023 as labor markets will continue to be tight.
- PE-grade, third-party resource usage will accelerate, offering force multiplication for PE Ops teams, bringing them specialized expertise, and enabling portcos to operate more variably.
- The PE industry is largely prepared for 2023 and a recessionary environment due to the proactive actions taken in 2022.
We thoroughly enjoyed getting to gather with PE Operating Executives to discuss these current topics. We’d be happy to connect you to the PE-grade, exact-fit, third-party resources you need, just contact us here.
Learn more about how we can specifically help ops execs here.
More From Our Blog
January 27, 2023
January 25, 2023